Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm so offensive!

It's come to my attention that some of what I post on my blog might be "inappropriate." Google allows you to put ads in your sidebar, which seemed like a good idea to me, considering the enormous amount of traffic my blog receives. Yesterday I got the following e-mail:
Hello Brandon,

Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after
reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into Google AdSense
at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:

- Inappropriate language

---------------------

Further detail:

Inappropriate language: We've found that your website contains content
that isn't in compliance with our program policies. We don't allow
websites with excessive profanity or potentially offensive content to
participate in Google AdSense.
(giggle)

Is it bad that the e-mail made my day?

4 comments:

Princess Lisa said...

I still get a kick out of this. That's wonderful! I always knew you were offensive, but now we have proof!

Unknown said...

I know, right? My offensiveness has officially been endorsed by google!

Miriam Latour said...

I think it has to do with the fact that you've put a content warning on your blog. They are going to assume that it is offensive somehow.

Um... why DO you have a content warning on your blog? Just in case? ;)

Unknown said...

I like having a content warning. It makes me feel dirty.

(And occasionally I use colorful language or illustrations...mwahaha!)