Monday, March 23, 2009

Go Judge Judy

From a recent interview with Larry King:

Judge Judy: "We've got a lot of trouble in this country. We've got a lot of trouble in the world. Why the state should be interested in proscribing the word marriage from two people who love each other, who are responsible, tax-paying, productive people, who have created a family...why the state would have an interest in proscribing that kind of conduct, I don't understand. I understand the anger about poverty. I understand the anger about AIG. I understand the problem about the banks. I understand the problem about Afghanistan and the Taliban and everything else. But I don't understand the preoccupation with gays being permitted to marry."

Unexpected and refreshing. Maybe it's her demeanor, but somehow I always equated Judge Judy with Dr. Laura. I'm delighted to be proven wrong.

Here's a link to the transcript.


No comments: